It is Patriots week.
After last Sunday's win against the Broncos in Denver, the Jets will try to keep their four-game winning streak alive as they face their division rival the New England Patriots. The Patriots have not been the same team since Brady left and currently have QB issues at the moment. When the Patriots are at their weakest, the Jets need to pounce on it. With that in mind, here is my preview for this Sunday's game.
What to Expect:
- No Breece Hall: The Jets suffered a huge blow to their offense as they lost their rookie sensation Breece Hall to a season-ending ACL injury. Hall was getting into his groove as a rookie in the NFL as he had a 62-yard run before the injury. A huge loss but....
- Help Is on The Way: With the Hall injury, the Jets wasted no time in replacing Hall, acquiring RB James Robinson from the Jaguars for draft picks. Robinson is a solid replacement for Hall and the production at running back should not drop.
- Offensive Line is Still In Shambles: Another major blow as RG Alijah Vera-Tucker will be out for the season with a tricep injury. Despite the musical chairs on the offensive line, they have held their own. Will it continue?
- Will QB Zach Wilson Break out? This is Zach Wilson's fifth straight start and has been ok at QB. Will he break out this Sunday?
Just The Facts:
- The Patriots won 12 straight over the Jets dating back to 2016. The last time the Jets beat New England? December 27th, 2015 in overtime at MetLife Stadium
- If the Patriots win, it will be the 13th straight time they beat the Jets. They will tie the Kansas City Chiefs (against the Broncos) for the most longest winning streak against one team
- Jets are 1.5 underdogs against the Patriots
- Jets are 1-2 at home
Five Big Questions to Ask:
- How will the injuries to Hall affect the run game?
- Will James Robinson improve the run game?
- Will the Jets finally beat the Patriots?
- Will the Jets' defense repeat their performance from last week?
- Will this be QB Zach Wilson's breakout game?
Who is on the Injury Report?
OUT: RB Breece Hall (ACL), OL Alijah Vera-Tucker (triceps)
Predictions: This is a game that the Jets have to win with Buffalo looming next week. If the Jets are going to keep pace with the Bills in the AFC East, they have to beat up teams such as the Patriots. The Patriots will not be a pushover as they were pretty much embarrassed by the Bears last Monday night. The Jets should still be able to pull it out and extend their winning streak to five games.
Final Score: Jets 31 Patriots 23
- Super Saturday Showdown: Rutgers defeats Mighty Spartans - February 5, 2023
- Should The Jets Get Aaron Rodgers: Yes and No! - January 25, 2023
- New York Jets vs Miami Dolphins: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - January 15, 2023