Another road game, another win for the Scarlet Knights as they took down the Wildcats, 6-2, on Friday night. It wasn’t great weather in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, but the conditions didn’t faze the Scarlet Knights. Rutgers came out firing and brought the offensive production all throughout the game, scoring in every quarter.
The Scarlet Knights got things rolling at 4:14 minutes into the game. Ava Chickavage sent a pass to Marique Dieudonne who put it in the back of the net. Just like that the Scarlet Knights were up one.
Shortly after (8:19) Villanova had a response of their own, off of a penalty corner. Raina Smolji and Emma Schwarz got credit for the assists, while Sabine De Ruijter got the score.
Rutgers then scored three straight girls unanswered. The scoring spree started at 14:14 into the game with Puck Winter burying her first of the night off of a penalty corner. Paulina Niklaus and Guillerm Causarano got credit for the assist.
Just two minutes later Puck Winter struck again for the Scarlet Knights off of a corner (16:12). Paulina Niklaus and Guillerm Causarano once again got credit for the assist.
The Scarlet Knights went into halftime with a 3-1 lead thanks to Puck Winter’s two goals.
31:44 into the game Marique Dieudonne got her second score of the game. Carly Snarski got credit for the assist.
Shortly after (35:15) Villanova got back on the board. Amanda Vu Middleman got credit for the score, while Meghan Mitchell and Emma Schwarz got the assists.
Rutgers went on to score two unanswered to end the game. Julianne Kopec got on the board at 44:13 thanks to an assist by Lucy Bannatyne. At 53:39 Puck Winter got on the board again for her first hat trick of the season off of a penalty corner. Iris Langejans got credit for the assist.
- Sophie Howard had three saves on the night
- Puck Winter's hat trick is her first multi goal game of her career and Rutgers first hat trick since October 29, 2021 (Bridy Molyneaux)
- Rutgers' six goals were the most in a game since October 7, 2018 (Georgetown (7-0)
- Dieudonne's two goals were the first of the season for her
- Game did not start on time, was delayed more than an hour
- Rutgers has three straight wins over Villanova and is 16-19-1 against the Wildcats
- Nikalus' two assists were her first points of the season
|Shots on goal||10||5|
Rutgers Game Leaders
- Guillermina Causarano: 2 shots (1 on goal), 2 assists
- Julianne Kopec: 4 shots (1 on goal), 1 goal
- Marique Dieudonne: 2 shots (2 on goal), 2 goals
- Puck Winter: 4 shots (4 on goal), 3 goals
The Scarlet Knights get get right back in action as they are back on the road against #15 Princeton for the Battle of New Jersey.
- September 10th at 6:00 p.m. EST vs Princeton
- Location: Princeton University
- Watch: ESPN+
- For full schedule click here
- Rutgers Men's Basketball Drops 2023-24 Campaign Opener To Princeton - November 7, 2023
- Rutgers Field Hockey Loses Thriller To Northwestern To Drop To 15-1 - October 23, 2023
- Rutgers Women's Soccer Finishes Regular Season With Huge Win Over Northwestern - October 23, 2023